Monday, June 6, 2011

Single Mom

Corey had to leave to go overseas for 5 days. I was a little nervous about being a single mom for 5 days. It actually went better than I thought in big part to my parents and in-laws.

Corey left on Wednesday. We dropped him off at the airport at 4:30. Charlie seemed to be doing fine. He even told Corey to leave so he could go down the escalator again. We get out to the car and I have Charlie buckled in his car seat and he starts crying, "I miss Daddy". I have to remind him that Daddy will be back in 5 days. We left the airport and went and had supper with Kelsey. After that we went and visited Grandma O. By the time we got home from Fargo, it was after 9:00.

Thursday, I dropped Charlie off at daycare. Hudson slept a lot that day so I got quite a few things crossed off my to-do list. My mom came over that afternoon to stay with the boys while I went out for drinks with the teachers after the last day of school. My mom had an interesting time with they boys. She didn't know how to get Hudson's car seat in the stroller when she was going to pick up Charlie from daycare. She ended up putting the car seat in backwards. Lori helped her when she got to daycare. When they got home, Charlie peed on the bathroom floor. As they were getting ready to go to Kevin and Kathy's for supper, the dog got loose.

Mom spent the night and stayed with Hudson on Friday while I went to school for a Staff Development day. I had only planned on working in the morning but the technology meeting was moved to the afternoon so I had to run home and bring Hudson with me to the meeting. That evening we went to my parent's house. Charlie had a great time running around on the farm and my mom made us supper.

Who knew a fly swatter could be so entertaining? He popped bubbles with it. He had it in the cozy coupe car with us. It kept Charlie busy all night.

Saturday morning, I was able to get myself, Charlie and Hudson dressed, packed and out the door in 2 hours and 20 minutes. I was quite impressed with myself. We met Papa and Nana at Breakfast on the Farm in Rollag. We had breakfast then walked around looking at all the tractors and animals. We ended by getting ice cream. 
 Checking out some tractors with Papa
 The delicious breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and sausage.
 Charlie would not ride on the barrel train. We found a broken one he would sit in and pretend to ride.
 Feeding the horses

After breakfast, we went to Lake 11. Charlie stayed over night with Papa and Nana while Hudson and I went home. Charlie had a great time fishing and playing in the water.


Hudson started Saturday night not sleeping good. When he finishes eating during the night, he lets you lay him down. 10 minutes later he wakes up crying. On Sunday he was awake all morning. Finally, he slept in the afternoon. We met Charlie, Papa, and Nana in Barnesville for supper on Sunday night.

Monday was Charlie's first day home from daycare. I was a little nervous on how he would be with Hudson taking up my time. Fortunately, Hudson slept good so Charlie and I were able to go outside and play. In the afternoon, we went to Fargo to pick up Daddy. Charlie was so excited to be getting Daddy from the airport. 

Overall the 5 days went by fast. We missed Corey, but we were able to make it through. Hopefully he doesn't have to leave again for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment