Hudson's due date was Sunday, May 1st. Well that came and went by. On Wednesday, our doctor decided to induce me on Friday, May 6th. Corey and I arrived at the hospital at 7:00 Friday morning. They got us all checked in. When our doctor stopped by he informed us that they had another patient that was going in for an c-section. She had been trying to deliver for hours and couldn't. They asked if they could push back our induction until 10:00am. That was fine with us. The nurse checked the babies heartbeat and checked me for contractions. Hudson sounded good, and I was having some contractions, but they were not strong enough for me to feel.
At 9:45, the nurse came and informed me that Dr. Halvorson was here and ready to do my induction. I got changed and the nurse started prepping me. She was watching Hudson't heart rate and my contractions. All of a sudden, she asked me to roll onto my left-side and she put an oxygen mask over my face. She paged Dr. Halvorson and when he got there he said that Hudson was not happy. For some reason his heart rate was dropping really low when I had a contraction. They watched the heart rate and contractions a little while longer and it continued to happen. Dr. Halvorson said I needed to have a c-section to be safe. They did not know for sure what was causing the heart rate to drop.
They began prepping me immediately for surgery. All of the nurses and doctors were amazing. They always informed me on what they were doing and why. I was taken to the surgery room. Here they gave me a spinal tap so I was numb from the breast line and down. They began surgery as soon as possible and Hudson was born at 10:55 am. It took only a little over an hour from when they discovered that Hudson was not happy to have him taken out. They found out he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck twice. So during every contraction, his blood supply was being reduced. He was not injured or harmed from this happening, but something could have happened if I would have tried delivering.
Hudson William Kratcha was born at 10:55am on Friday, May 6th, 2011.
He was 8 lbs. and 2 oz. and measured 20 inches long.
Hudson and Mommy have been doing great!
So happy to hear all went well. Thinking of you guys! Love, TnT
ReplyDelete